Fairs are an excellent way to introduce your institution to students and parents who are eager for information about school year study opportunities and summer programs at international boarding and day schools. In addition to the fairs, representatives are strongly encouraged to participate in school visits, which usually have a mini-fair format, if at all possible.
Our fairs are small in terms of number of participating institutions (about 15, on average), which allows more time for meaningful conversations and more time in which to make those all-important connections with parents and students.
Capstone Vietnam’s International Boarding & Day School Fairs benefit both Vietnamese students and overseas boarding & day school representatives in the following ways:
For International Boarding & Day Schools
- An opportunity to meet serious prospective students and parents
- A chance to create or expand brand awareness for your school in Vietnam
- An opportunity to visit Vietnamese schools; and
- Post-fair follow-up via email and phone conducted by Capstone’s educational advisers
For students and parents
- An opportunity to learn about the many advantages of an overseas boarding & day school education, including summer programs
- An opportunity to meet with representatives of excellent boarding and day schools from North America, Europe and other countries
- Free initial advising provided to all participants for all participating schools. The entire fee is refunded, except visa counseling, if desired, if students enroll in a partner school. (Capstone treats parents and students as clients, which means our advisers always look for best-fit schools for students, regardless of the status of the short-listed schools, i.e., partner or non-partner.)
Capstone Vietnam Services
- Quick and convenient online registration
- Institutional profile in the fair guide, which is distributed to all fair attendees, secondary (junior high school) and high school students and throughout the year
- Advertising opportunities in the fair guide
- Convenient and reliable shipping of your materials OR the less costly option of in country printing at substantial cost savings and not having to worry about Customs
- Translation (and printing) of promotional materials (i.e., a fee-based service)
- Additional logistical services provided such as domestic flight and hotel reservations. (We can add the amounts to your invoice or you can pay in country.)
- Pre-fair, fee-based digital marketing opportunities as an effort to highlight your school and drive more traffic to your table
- Qualified, pre-screened student interpreters/assistants (included in fair fee)
- You will receive information about the students who visit your table(s) and the list of student contacts from the schools you visit
- Follow-up emails sent and calls made to all students at the schools visited and all fair attendees
Benefits and Advantages of Capstone’s Fairs
Quality: The quality of our service, staff, student volunteers, marketing, fair guide and other materials.
Attention to Detail: We cross our T’s and dot our I’s, meaning we secure all the necessary permissions from the authorities for the fairs and related activities.
Care: We take great pride in taking care of our clients on a professional and personal level, if needed or requested.
Integrity: Our attendance is organic (e.g., we don't inflate attendance) and our marketing ethical and extensive.
Post-Fair Follow-Up: We send a mass email to all student participants and follow up with phone calls. We are also happy to provide customized follow-up in Vietnamese at no additional charge.
3. Participation Guidelines
Only accredited institutions are eligible to participate.
Institutions may be represented only by faculty, staff, or alumni. Note: No more than two representatives may be at a table during the fairs. This means a total of three, including your student assistant/interpreter.
Each school will be assisted by a student volunteer, who will help represent your school and facilitate communication with students and parents. You have the option of contacting your student volunteer(s) before you arrive. This service is included in the fee.
High School Visits
High school visits are scheduled on the basis of interest in overseas boarding & day schools and ability to pay.
We recommend that you obtain a business visa from the Embassy of the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam or one of its Consulates General with a letter of invitation from Capstone Vietnam that will be sent to you as part of the fair package after you register.
4. Fair Dates, Sites and Fees
Both fair venues are five-star hotels that are well-known to local students and parents. In addition to the fairs, we are organizing 2 secondary/high school visits per city, including mini-fairs at selected schools.
Sat, March 30
School Visits: Morning
Recruitment Fair: 15:00-18:30 p.m.
Sun, March 31
Recruitment Fair: 15:00-18:30 p.m.
Mon, April 1
School Visits: Morning
Lunch & Country Briefing: 12:00 -15:00 p.m.
Note: “Literature only” means that a carefully screened and trained student volunteer will represent your school and be prepared to answer basic questions. We will introduce you to your volunteers before the fairs so that you can communicate with them via email and online chat.
- Early bird: 5%, if you register by December 15, 2018
- Capstone partner: 5%, If you’re not already a partner and are interested in becoming one, please let us know.
Priority Registration Deadline: December 15, 2018. An early bird discount of 5% will be applied to your invoice if payment is received by January 1, 2019
Final Registration Deadline: February 28, 2019
Payment Deadline: March 10, 2019
5. Online Registration, Payment and Shipment Policies
ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR BOARDING & DAY SCHOOL
Method of Payment
After receiving your registration, we will send you an invoice within a week with instructions about international wire transfer or other method of payment, including check or corporate credit card. If you choose to wire your payment to Capstone Vietnam, please fax the wire transfer confirmation to us at 84-4-3938 8456, or email a scanned version to us at email@example.com
50 days + before the first fair: 70% refund.
30-49 days before the first fair: 50% refund
0-29 days before the first fair: No refund
If payment has not been made at the time of cancellation, Capstone Vietnam will invoice schools based on this refund policy.
Shipment of Materials
If you are based in the US, OCS is Capstone Vietnam’s official fair courier service. Participating schools that ship with OCS send their materials to OCS in Boston. OCS handles the rest, including address labeling, export documentation, and payment of all duties and taxes. You will have no customs clearance worries. We strongly encourage you to use this service. Detailed shipping instructions will be emailed to all registered participants. OCS is the best option because of the quality of its ground team.
If you wish to ship your materials directly, your best choice is Fedex or DHL. However, even with Fedex or DHL, there are times when materials are held up in Customs and a fee might be required to obtain them. Occasionally, Customs does not release materials in time.
If you are in another country, please use an express mail service and send your materials directly to our offices in Hanoi and HCMC:
Capstone Vietnam in Hanoi: 8C, Hai Ba Trung, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi, Vietnam
Capstone Vietnam in HCMC: 22 Tran Quy Khoach, Tan Dinh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
6. Marketing and Promotion
Capstone invests a considerable amount in marketing and promoting its fairs series, including junior high/high school outreach, digital marketing, extensive use of social media (e.g., Facebook), email blasts, flyer and poster distribution, street banners, phone calls, text messages, and the use of teams of student volunteers in each city. Attendees have the option of registering online, which has some advantages, or simply coming to the fair and registering on-site. Our goal, in the words of one colleague, is “to attract authentic prospective students.”
In addition to the usual pre-fair publicity, we offer several digital marketing options designed to generate additional student/parent interest in your school. We’re also willing to organize individual info sessions or coffee talk before or after the fairs on a first-come, first-served basis. Costs vary, so please contact us for more information.
6.1. Institutional Profile in the Fair Guide
We publish an International Boarding & Day School fair guide, which is distributed free of charge to all attendees. The fair guide provides basic information about institutions, including key selling points, tuition and fees, admission requirements, etc. It also contains articles of interest to students and parents.
Extra copies of the fair guide are distributed at the offices of Capstone Vietnam, its events, and selected junior high/high schools ntil the next fair series. Follow these links to have a look at the spring 2018
and fall 2017
Only institutions that submit their institutional profile by the priority deadline will be included in the fair guide.
Full Page Mono
[Size/Length290mm x Width200mm]
Artwork must be submitted on CD or via e-mail. Data format must be in one of the following:
- Adobe Illustrator 9- EPS- PDF (High Quality Print)- Photo of College in horizontal (at least 300dpi)
6.2. Fair Marketing and Promotion
We have a multi-pronged and targeted approach that includes publicizing the events and the participating schools on an individual basis using social media channels, including Facebook, which is the #1 website in Viet Nam, and through own networks, which consist of Vietnamese who are interested in sending their children to a quality international boarding or day school.
We strongly recommend that you have your basic promotional materials in Vietnamese. We can help you with translation and in country printing, which will save you money. We’re also happy to distribute these materials to other agents. Finally, this information can also be used in digital format on your website and elsewhere.
It’s essential that students and parents hear from you as soon as possible after the fairs. We provide detailed post-fair follow-up for in the form of emails and phone calls to each student who expressed interest in your school starting with the “hot leads” that you have indicated as such.
6.3. Advertising in the International Boarding & Day School Fair Guide
Advertising in the fair guide is open to all accredited schools, regardless of whether or not they participate in the fair series.